We Are Proud to
Introduce newave® plug&play technology
Proven by nearly 20,000 installations, our patented wave® Antenna brings a new level of performance, ease of use, installation, and aesthetics to RFID Portal users. Newave works with Smart Label Solutions, https://slsrfid.com/, to embed our Wave antennas to offer a variety of Plug and Play Portals.
Plug and Play Portals
Newave’s exclusive partner is SLS RFID, www.slsrfid.com. Together SLS and newave have partnered to complete approximately 20,000 smartPORTAL™ installations in facilities of major North American industry leading companies. SLS and newave are the leading dock door portal provider in North America.
How do we do it?
Newave® works with SLS RFID to uniquely embed one or two wave® antennas in a composite material that can be enclosed in any one of a variety of structures that best fit the facility’s needs. We can even provide a custom designed foam module to drop in a framed panel. Because the wave antenna can be embedded it stays precisely in alignment even in a rugged environment. Wave embedded antennas provide controlled reads with a desired narrow illumination path of approximately 100°. This becomes ideal for any exit and entrance application since there may be tags in close proximity that are not passing through the exit or entry and these tags will not be read. Patch Antenna Portals cannot make any of these claims.
Key Features and Benefits of the SLS plug&play portals designed with Wave antennas
Our portals offer a Superior combination of:
Accuracy and Performance
- Patented wave antenna portals provide 99+% tag read rates without reading extraneous tag reads outside the targeted zone
- Our portals are uniquely designed to cover all tag orientations so all tags are read regardless their orientation
- Wave antennas will not go out of adjustment and will deliver consistently superior read accuracy
- SLS portals are light enough to easily install anywhere, no assembly or on-site adjustment required, these portals are plug&play
- Our portal portfolio includes portals for walls, mobile floor units, exit and dock doors, and surround applications (see below/ use photos for now)
- Flexible enough to meet user requirements and budget. SLS Portals using Newave Wave antennas provide optimum performance for asset tracking. Wave portals work with any Gen 2 UHF reader
- SLS portals can be discreetly installed as a very aesthetic solution in offices, retail stores, paintable or with a fabric cover option to complement any office or retail show room. Can be easily mobile
- Meets all FCC standards
- No need to order antennas for each portal, hoping you remembered the specific antenna part number. Our newave antennas are built-in. These portals are plug and play
- Installation simplicity, dramatically reduces installation time, complexity and errors
- Frame and cover materials range from very aesthetic for “high-end” retail environments to applications that are required to be ruggedly durable or to deal with a harsh conditions
- SLS portals have consistently produced an ROI in less than one year
- All SLS Portals are easy to clean and maintain
These plug&play portals:
- Are extremely durable
- Are ideal for distribution centers, shipping and receiving doorways, wide exits and virtually any choke point
- Minimize extraneous tag reads
- Adjust to fit virtually any entrance/exit point
The wave antenna performance enables numerous surround portal applications
- Generates maximum power with 99+% tag read rate accuracy for densely packed items such as dry or wet towels, apparel, pharmaceuticals, documents, and linens
- Because our wave antenna is designed to uniformly illuminate a volume of space, our portals easily cover a wide variety of container sizes or portal openings
- Ideal for conveyor belt, in-transit/logistics, quality control and inspection application
Have the capability to make your own portal structure?
The waveModule™ could be for you!
Outside of North America we can supply wave radiators precisely embedded in a protective foam structure that, with direction from our partner SLS, can be placed into your portal structure to get all the benefits of the wave antenna technology while providing optimal cost efficiency by minimizing in-transit expense.
Depending upon your specific solution objective waveModules can be provided in 3, 5 or 7 ft lengths, utilizing one or two wave antennas per panel that are precisely placed between two pieces of protective foam.
SLS loves to work directly with our partners to ensure optimal tag read performance.
Ask us about the versatility of the wave antenna provided as a waveModule.
Precise placement of the wave antennas within the protective foam is essential for optimal performance. This placement is the result of literally thousands for hours of proprietary testing in Newave’s Innovation Center.