We Are Proud to
Introduce newave® plug&play technology
Proven by over 15,000 installations, our patented wave® Antenna brings a new level of performance, ease of use, installation, and aesthetics to RFID Portal users.
So What is so Different about a Plug and Play Portal™?
Our superior newave portals require no adjustment during or after installation. Literally just plug the portal into your reader on site and you are ready to go! System Integrators tell us our plug & play portals are up to five times faster to install than a typical patch portal, these are the first truly plug&play portals available.
How do we do it?
Newave uniquely embeds two wave antennas in a composite material that can be enclosed in any one of a variety of structures that best fit the facility’s needs. Because the wave antenna can be embedded it stays precisely in alignment even in a rugged environment. Wave embedded antennas provide controlled reads with a desired narrow illumination path of approximately 100°. This becomes ideal for any exit and entrance application since there may be tags in close proximity that are not passing through the exit or entry and these tags will not be read. Patch Antenna Portals cannot make any of these claims.
Key Features and Benefits of the newave plug&play portals
Our portals offer a Superior combination of:
Accuracy and Performance
- Patented wave antenna portals provide 99+% tag read rates without reading extraneous tag reads outside the targeted zone
- Our portals are uniquely designed to cover all tag orientations so all tags are read regardless their orientation
- Wave antennas will not go out of adjustment and will deliver consistently superior read accuracy
- Newave’s portals are light enough to easily install anywhere, no assembly or on-site adjustment required, these portals are plug&play
- Our portal portfolio includes portals for walls, mobile floor units, exit and dock doors, and surround applications (see below)
- Flexible enough to meet user requirements and budget. Newave Portals provide optimum performance for asset tracking. Wave portals work with any Gen 2 UHF reader
- Newave portals can be discreetly installed as a very aesthetic solution in offices, retail stores, paintable or with a fabric cover option to complement any office or retail show room. Can be easily mobile
- Meets all FCC standards
- No need to order antennas for each portal, hoping you remembered the specific antenna part number. Our newave antennas are built-in. These portals are plug and play
- Installation simplicity, dramatically reduces installation time, complexity and errors
- Frame and cover materials range from very aesthetic for “high-end” retail environments to applications that are required to be ruggedly durabile or to deal with a harsh conditions
- Wave portals have consistently produced an ROI in less than one year
- All Wave Portals are easy to clean and maintain
Please click on images to view product information.
newave plug&play portals
Newave’s exclusive North America portal partner is SLS RFID, www.slsrfid.com. Together SLS and newave have partnered to complete more than 15,000 installations in facilities of major North American industry leading companies. SLS and newave are the leading dock door portal provider in North America.
These plug&play portals:
- Are extremely durable
- Are ideal for distribution centers, shipping and receiving doorways, wide exits and virtually any choke point
- Minimize extraneous tag reads
- Adjust to fit virtually any entrance/exit point
The wave antenna performance enables numerous surround portal applications
- Generates maximum power with 99+% tag read rate accuracy for densely packed items such as dry or wet towels, apparel, pharmaceuticals, documents, and linens
- Because our wave antenna is designed to uniformly illuminate a volume of space, our portals easily cover a wide variety of container sizes or portal openings
- Ideal for conveyor belt, in-transit/logistics, quality control and inspection applications
SLS RFID: Smart Label Solutions (SLS®) combines newave’s leading antenna technology with their RFID expertise and expertise in manufacturing to create a portal that has remained unmatched in the industry. SLS® and newave have partnered closely together for over seven years with newave providing proprietary hardware technology, while SLS® provides incomparable portal manufacturing and in-market installation efficiency as well as the software and hardware solution design and technical knowhow. SLS® and newave have combined to complete the installation of nearly 15,000 dock door portals for numerous industry leading companies. SLS® consistently delivers customer focused solutions that provide improved accuracy and efficiency to existing business processes.